Monday, April 22, 2013

Poetry


I happen to love poetry. Some poetry. My favorite type of poetry is the poetry that leaves you with a deep thought about life and what you’re doing to affect your own world and thoughts. If deep enough, poetry usually leaves me with a feeling of inner power. On the other hand, when it comes to poetry that is assigned to me through school, I usually have to be very concentrated on whatever I am reading in order to fully understand the meaning behind it. For instance, Retired Greyhound, I, the dog was talking about the fact that his owner passed away because there was no one to through the toy rabbit to him anymore. I had to read really between the lines to understand what the dog was saying.  This poem was very sad. It seemed as though he was in the house alone, but I am unsure of that. Poems are not like stories where you can just go from word-to-word and have a meaning from each sentence. In essence, the whole poem is a sentence with a subject and a predicate that you as a reader have to connect. Poetry frees the mind and strengthens one’s intelligence.

No comments:

Post a Comment