Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Sweeney's Essays


I really need to get caught up on my blogs and 2 essays. I really need to get started on Essay #3 ASAP! I already know what I want to write about but I just don’t know how to start it off. Sweeney’s class is one of the easiest classes I have ever taken but I still cannot manage to turn my assignments in on time. I really need help with time-management. English has never been one of my favorite subjects and I don’t think it ever will be. I really do not like the writing aspect of it. I need to get used to writing because I am going to have to do for the next 3-4 years of my (college) life. I guess I better start liking it huh? I usually do really well on papers and essays but the thought of going through research and actually putting together a masterpiece that some call a paper tires me out. I guess that sounds sort of lazy but this is very true for me. I need to get out of the mindset very quickly though. I know I will improve as the years go on but I really need to improve now also, seeing that it’s crunch-time!

 

4 comments:

  1. I think as far as the essays since it's a loose deadline that makes you think you have a lot of time to work on your essay but when they start piling up that's when it gets hard. I think if the deadlines weren't loose and we were to get points taken off you'd be caught up on the essays.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with you, English isn't one of my favorite subjects either but its one of the main things you need living in the world as well as math. I think what also made it worse was that all three essays had to be 1500 words but as we continue in college we will be writing longer papers than that. I guess this is just Sweeney's way of preparing us, because we are not in high school anymore and we have to just buckle down and start getting things done.

    ReplyDelete
  3. - I agree with you also. I have to finish these last two essays by Friday, but I work pretty good under pressure. I got so caught up in other assignments and work, that time just flew by. I wish I could'v e just knocked them out, but I honestly think it'll be easy and I can finish in time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You can do it diamond, I believe in you. We are going to get through this year together. Just keep pushing yourself and DO NOT PROCRASTINATE !

    ReplyDelete